Please remember the following when dealing with a maintenance/facility issue:
· For all NON-EMERGENCY SCS Maintenance issues DURING BUSINESS HOURS(7:30am-4:30pm), please submit a work order via Reaction using this link: https://reaction.scs.uiuc.edu/physicalPlant/ PLEASE be as detailed as possible in your description of the issue. This helps determine which trade/shop to send out for the repair.
If you have any questions on how to utilize this, please contact Danielle via email (email@example.com) or by phone (217-300-6582).
Examples of maintenance issues included but are NOT limited to:
-Leaky faucets and sinks
-Lights not working properly(flickering or completely out)
-A/C or heat issues
-Floor Cleaning(beyond regular mopping/sweeping by BSW’s)
· If you happen to notice a MAJOR leak coming from the ceiling, pipes, etc. that is puddling on the floor and is flowing at a rapid pace, please call the Service Office at 333-0340 and then contact Danielle(217-300-6582) or Ron(217-333-1972/217-649-2808) to let us know ASAP!
· ALWAYS remember to lock and secure ALL doors in your area when leaving for any reason and you are the only person in there! This is for your own protection as well as the protection of equipment and research going on in your lab area. Also, when leaving a room, please remember to shut off all lights as well.
· PLEASE assist us in keeping the restrooms and hallways in ALL buildings as clean as possible. If you see any cleanliness issues or other maintenance issues that need addressed, please let us know so we can get it handled as quickly as possible.
· If you notice anything suspicious in any of our facilities, please do not hesitate to report it. Do NOT allow someone to “piggy back” in a door with you when the facilities are locked and always be aware of your surroundings. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING! You can contact UI Public Safety at 217-333-1216 for non-emergencies or 911 for emergencies.
· If you experience a maintenance emergency AFTER HOURS(4:30pm-7:30am) or on WEEKENDS, you will need to call the Service Office line at 217-333-0340. When you call the line, you will reach Public Safety, who will then take the information down and page out the appropriate F & S trade shop to handle the issue. Emergencies are as follows:
-Restroom Issues(overflowing toilets, continuous flushing, etc.)
-Heating/Cooling Issues that are affecting research experiments
-Refrigeration Issues that are affecting research experiments(Freezers, Cold Rooms, etc.)
**NEW**: There is now an SCS blog up and running on the main SCS website under Building Maintenance(located on the right hand side) titled SCS Building Outages/Important Notices. This will be the centralized spot where all outages and important notices that are sent out via email will be located as well. The link to the blog is: https://scsbuildingoutages.blogspot.com/ or you can click on the link on the SCS website. If you have any questions, feel free to email Danielle Cruzan.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of us. We are here to ensure all of the SCS facilities run smoothly but cannot do it without your assistance!
Danielle Cruzan Ron Eggett
Reaction Work Order Assistant Facilities Manager
School of Chemical Sciences School of Chemical Sciences
University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign
106 Noyes Lab, MC-712 166 Noyes Lab, MC-712