Please remember the following when dealing with a maintenance/facility issue:
· For all NON-EMERGENCY SCS Maintenance issues, please submit a work order via Reaction using this link: https://reaction.scs.uiuc.edu/physicalPlant/ PLEASE be as detailed as possible in your description of the issue. This helps determine which trade/shop to send out for the repair.
If you have any questions on how to utilize this, please contact Danielle via email (email@example.com) or by phone (217-300-6582).
Examples of NON- EMERGENCY maintenance issues include, but are NOT limited to, the following:
-Leaky faucets and sinks(slow drips not causing safety/flooding issues)
-Lights not working properly(flickering or completely out)
-A/C or heat issues
-Floor Cleaning(beyond regular mopping/sweeping by BSW’s)
· If you have an EMERGENCY maintenance issue, please contact the F & S Service Office FIRST at 217-333-0340. If it is after business hours or on the weekends, Public Safety mans the line and will contact the proper shop to check the emergency maintenance issue. After contacting the F & S Service Office, ALWAYS contact Danielle and Ron via phone and email (provided at the bottom of this email) so we can follow up on the maintenance issue and make sure it is taken care of in a timely manner.
Examples of EMERGENCY maintenance issues include, but are NOT limited to, the following:
-Water Leaks (water gushing causing safety/flooding issues)
-Restroom Issues(overflowing toilets, continuous flushing, etc.)
-Heating/Cooling Issues that are affecting research experiments ONLY
-Refrigeration Issues that are affecting research experiments(Freezers, Cold Rooms, etc.)
· PLEASE put any food and drink(empty or not empty) items in the hallway or outside trash receptacles!! DO NOT dispose of those items inside offices, classrooms, or lab spaces!! This will help cut down on any unwanted bugs and/or smells in our facilities.
· ALWAYS remember to lock and secure ALL doors in your area when leaving for any reason and you are the only person in there! This is for your own protection as well as the protection of equipment and research going on in your lab area. Also, when leaving a room, please remember to shut off all lights as well.
· PLEASE assist us in keeping the restrooms and hallways in ALL buildings as clean as possible. If you see any cleanliness issues or other maintenance issues that need addressed, please let us know so we can get it handled as quickly as possible.
· If you notice anything suspicious in any of our facilities, please do not hesitate to report it. Do NOT allow someone to “piggy back” in a door with you when the facilities are locked and always be aware of your surroundings. IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING! You can contact UI Public Safety at 217-333-1216 for non-emergencies or 911 for emergencies.
**NEW**: There is now an SCS blog up and running on the main SCS website under Building Maintenance(located on the right hand side) titled SCS Building Outages/Important Notices. This will be the centralized spot where all outages and important notices that are sent out via email will be located as well. The link to the blog is: https://scsbuildingoutages.blogspot.com/ or you can click on the link on the SCS website. If you have any questions, feel free to email Danielle Cruzan.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact one of us. We are here to ensure all of the SCS facilities run smoothly but cannot do it without your assistance!
Danielle Cruzan Ron Eggett
SCS Maintenance Office Asst. SCS Facilities Manager
School of Chemical Sciences School of Chemical Sciences
University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign University of Illinois – Urbana-Champaign
106 Noyes Lab, MC-712 166 Noyes Lab, MC-712